Théda Page's practice of law is motivated by the desire to help people through difficult circumstances. She spends time with her clients in order to understand their needs so that she can provide them with comprehensive and quality representation. Théda was a child of divorce, has gone through a divorce herself, and is a stepmother, giving her the unique, first-hand understanding of family dynamics and emotions that come up in difficult family situations.
After graduating from law school at the age of 24, Théda W. Page began her career in bankruptcy and family law. In 1986, she represented debtors for a Dallas law firm and then, as a sole member firm. In 1988, she joined the corporate legal department of J.C. Penney Company, Inc. There, she developed and implemented a consumer bankruptcy rights enforcement project for the company's credit service centers and represented the company in bankruptcy courts across the country. She also worked in the area of trade regulation—ensuring the company's compliance with applicable state and federal laws.
Théda founded The Page Law Firm in 2002. She concentrates her legal practice on bankruptcy and family law.
Théda lives with her husband, Julian Brice, in Frisco. She and her husband are active members of One Community Church in Plano. In her free time, she enjoys playing Words With Friends, reading, and knitting.
Théda has been involved in a number of bar associations throughout her career. She is currently on the boards of the Plano Bar Association and the Collin County Women Lawyers Association.
- Family law including divorce, Collaborative Divorce®, child custody, and child support.
- Bankruptcy including foreclosures and Chapter 13 and Chapter 7 bankruptcy filings.
Bar and Organization Memberships
- State Bar of Texas (Bankruptcy and Family Law Section)
- National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, Doctorate of Jurisprudence
- Mount Holyoke College in South Hadley, Massachusetts, B.A in Politics
Honors and Awards
- Voted Best Bankruptcy Attorney in Frisco by the Readers' Choice Edition of the Frisco Enterprise in 2011, 2012, and 2013.
- Voted Best Bankruptcy Attorney in the Readers' Choice Edition of the Little Elm Journal in 2012.
Recent Blog Posts
Spring Is a Great Time to Face Your Financial Fears!
Lincoln, McKinley, Grant, & You
Are You Loving Yourself This Valentine’s Day? It’s All Greek to Me
Go File For Bankruptcy
Shop Til They Drop: Malls, Bankruptcies, and You